Hockey SA is pleased to announce the return of indoor hockey for 2019.
Indoor hockey will look slightly different this year with the main change being location, with indoor now being played at the new Lights Community and Sport Centre located at 244 – 270 East Parkway (Corner Hampstead Road and East Parkway), Lightsview, SA 5085.
The other change is that Hockey SA will be running an Indoor Development Program (IDP) rather than a junior competition. This program is targeted at those aged 12 – 18 and will look to build the basics of indoor in the state and to build the format. This program will consist of a 6-week training block with sessions going for 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon starting at 1:00pm from November the 2nd. Sessions will consist of skill development, situational awareness and match play, all coached by some of SA’s best indoor players.
A senior competition will be offered again for both men and women with matches to be played on Saturday evenings/nights after the junior development program. Hockey SA have implemented that no individual under the age of 17 (as of 31st December 2019) will be eligible to participate in the senior competition and encourage those younger players to be involved in the IDP. Matches will commence from 5:30pm on November the 2nd and continue until December 14th.
Please find below links to both the Indoor Development Program and the Senior Competition registration portals.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Senior Competition Reminders/Notes:
- Match fees of $60.00 per match will be invoiced to the email registered with the team. No match fees will be collected at the venue.
- Hockey SA will provide match balls
- Hockey SA will provide bibs for any uniform clashes. Any clashes will require the second named team to wear bibs
- Hockey SA will provide an umpire for all matches
- Games will consist of 2 x 20 minute halves with a 5 minute half time
- The clock will continuously run with no stoppages
- Teams playing in the first and last games of the day are asked to assist in set up and pack down of the boards
|Indoor Development Program||Senior Competition|
|Saturdays: 1:00pm – 5:00pm||Saturdays: 5:30pm – 10:30pm|
|6 weeks||7 weeks|
|2 November – 7 December||2 November – 15 December|
Indoor Development Program – Register Here
Senior Competition – Register Here
Please note that all teams registering for the 2019 Indoor Hockey Competition must complete the 2019 Indoor Team List and submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org